There are a great number of unique and fascinating opportunities for celebrating the New Year on Oahu. However, it can be challenging to choose the perfect New Year celebration place, since many events have been canceled. Therefore, we have put together some of the best ways to spend New Year’s Eve in Hawaii during a pandemic, so that you can find your perfect place to be during the unforgettable holiday and to make the most out of your vocation.
Here’s How You Can Ring in the New Year On Oahu
Be advised: the pandemic drastically changed the way people used to spend holidays and spare time. And this year there are much fewer big New Year’s Eve parties and events not only in Hawaii but all over the world. However, we are doing our best to provide the most up-to-date information about New Year’s 2022 events on Oahu. Due to COVID-19, some places mentioned may be closed without warning. We recommend checking in advance operating hours, updates, and COVID-19 restrictions.
New Year Bars, Restaurants, and Hotels Parties
The good news is that many bars, restaurants, and hotels are open and are getting ready for New Year’s celebrations. Here is the list of some of the restaurants which are going to be open for New Year’s Eve:
- Duke’s Waikiki has the perfect ocean view and delicious variety of food.
- Hula Grill Waikiki provides authentic flavors of Hawaii that they source from local fishermen and farmers every day.
- Tiki’s Grill & Bar at the Aston Waikiki Beach has a special menu along with live music.
- The Signature Prime Steak & Seafood has the most epic panoramic ocean view from the 36th floor of the Ala Moana Hotel.
- TBD Hawaii has a special New Year’s Eve prix fixe menu with two separate seatings to coincide with the clock striking midnight on either the east coast or west coast of the USA.
- Deck. at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel. This restaurant has excellent views of Diamond Head.
Many hotels in Waikiki host private parties with special menus and, often with on-site fireworks!
The Star of Honolulu Dinner Cruise
We recommend trying the Star of Honolulu Dinner Cruise for your New Year’s Eve celebration if you want to enjoy wonderful hula dancing, live jazz, and a beautiful 60 Years of Aloha show.
You will also get a champagne toast and dinner features a delicious 3-course meal along with premium beverages. Families friendly Cruise welcomes kids and adults on shipboard. You can also enjoy private seating and additional enhancements.
NYE Beach Parties
Many people will head straight to the beach for their private beach party and enjoy the opportunity to be outdoors at an unusually unseasonable time.
This New Year’s Eve in Waikiki Beach will be much more quiet compared to past years. However, the beauty of the area continues. Oahu will still be a special and fabulous place to be when 2022 arrives!