After two years of Waikiki fireworks hiatus, it is back again at The Hilton Hawaiian Village. This Waikiki Resort is not just an amazing hotel with outstanding service but likewise a place where a lot of fun, free activities take place! For example, every Friday night a lot of tourists and locals gather on Duke Kahanamoku Beach to enjoy the colorful sparks of 10 minutes free firework night show.
The History of the Firework
This amazing 30-year fireworks tradition of weekly fireworks began in 1988 after the Hilton Hawaiian Village unveiled its $100 million renovation called “Return to Paradise.” However, the tradition was put on pause when the pandemic started. And after 2 years of hiatus, a spectacular Friday night firework show was relaunched on June 3, 2022.
Location: Hilton Hawaiian Village; 2005 Kalia Road, Honolulu, HI 96815
Date: Every Friday
Starts in Winter: 7:45 pm (10 minutes long).
Starts in Summer: 8:00 pm (10 minutes long).
The Best Place to See the Firework
With the help of Honolulu locals, we have prepared for you a list of the best locations to sit back and relax while watching the glorious fireworks over Waikiki Beach.
1. The Hilton’s towers. Lucky Guests spending their vacation in various towers can enjoy a bird’s eye view of the beautiful Waikiki Fireworks.
2. Tropics Bar & Grill. This restaurant has an amazing beach view with a perfect location for a firework show watch. Make sure you make an 8 pm reservation in advance to experience both of the restaurant’s offers: great food and fireworks.
3. Duke Kahanamoku Beach. Is a perfect option to gather with friends and be around thousands of people enjoying the magical light show above. Bring some snacks and drinks and have fun!
4. Barefoot Beach Cafe. This place offers a great view of the firework show in a more calm and peaceful setting.
5. Tantalus lookout. If you have transportation, the tantalus viewpoint can be a splendid option because you can have both the best city lights view and the fireworks show from the very above Honolulu.